Wilson Lutheran Church
Wilson Lutheran Council Meeting Highlights
January 12,2023 Council Meeting Highlights: (Complete minutes are available in the office)
- Mike made a motion to close the Building Fund Account and move it to the General Fund Account placing the Building Fund under it’s own category, second by David. Motion carried.
- Annual Reports need to be submitted by January 15th for the annual meeting.
- Thank you notes from Elmwood Food Shelf, Spring Valley Community Food Shelf and Zion Lutheran Food Shelf were read. Pastor Bob expressed his appreciation for the Christmas gift given him.
- Walking Together Synod event will be held March 11 at Bethany Lutheran Church, Rice Lake.
- Synod Assembly will be April 29th at Bethany Lutheran Church, Rice Lake. People are needed to represent Wilson Lutheran at the Assembly.
- The Endowment Fund recommendation was to not do any distribution of funds due to the losses in the market.
- The Endowment Committee will be seeking someone to fill a vacancy on their committee at the annual meeting. They typically meet once a year.
- Tracy made a motion to use the Thanksgiving Offering to purchase from the ELCA Good Gifts Program School Supplies for a Classroom for $300, 1 Piglet for $45 and 1 Sheep for $100, second by Sharon. Motion carried.
- Coffee after church services will began the first Sunday in February. Anyone interested in serving treats and coffee can sign up